Blog Archive

Sunday 21 July 2013

Cobbing

It is still very hot. We had planned to cob on Saturday evening but as it was overcast we decided to go during the day. Tim brought us another load of clay and I think this may see us to the end of the project.
We managed 5 mixes, Anne having done one load on her own before we arrived.
 
We had a sausage sizzle at lunchtime to keep us going.

The walls are so high that the shorties have to stand on blocks to reach.
I think it is starting to look quite good now and I love the views through the round windows.




The little roses are looking very pretty.




Looks like Tom and Hollie have been to the Hastings Pirates Day.

Some of the sweetpeas are looking a bit distressed. I spotted these greenfly on new shoots. 
I think it is too dry.
I have watered them well. This is how the problems with the lupins started.

Amazing to think that these nicotiania were just left-over plants from home. The perfume in the evening is quite intoxicating especially in the heat.

The clarkia amongst the wild flower seed mixture are very delicate.

Courgettes and carrots. This was our harvest today.


No comments:

Post a Comment