Blog Archive

Thursday 19 December 2013

Christmas Cooking

In between some very busy days, visiting friends and helping at school Christmas parades, 
I managed to fit in some Christmas cooking.
Many years ago I always enjoyed cooking with my classes with the help of my wonderful classroom assistants. Amongst other recipes, one of my favourites was window biscuits.
I have had the cutting for ages. It`s covered in spillages.




Just in case anyone wants to try them, I`ve taken close-up photos.

This is how they turned out. When you hang them up to the light the boiled sweets 
have melted to form a stained glass effect.


 I packed them in boxes and put them into cellophane bags.



I made my first batch of mince pies.
My next cooking project will be chocolate truffles. Yum yum.

Steve has made a few reindeer from logs. One has migrated to Paula`s front lawn.
The wind was so strong yesterday that two of them blew over.


I would like him to make lots more but he "can`t find the right logs."




No comments:

Post a Comment