Blog Archive

Monday 24 February 2014

Wonderful Willow

This is the first day when I have felt that Spring is really here. It has been warm, with glorious sunshine. 
Freshwinds Garden was delightful. Hollie was tending her horse in her t-shirt.
I didn`t remove any layers but I didn`t need a hat.
Our main job was to get to grips with the willow arch. I began pruning it last Friday. Paula suggested that we prune out some huge branches which are so hard to manipulate. We did just that.
Then it was much easier to draw the remaining whips together and form it into a better shape.






We saved all the prunings. I tried unsuccessfully to make a small tripod frame. My next idea was to make a small looped fence which might help to stop the daisy flopping all over 
the greenhouse path.














One lone daffodil is a bright splash of colour.




We brought a good bundle of finer willow home. Steve even found a thicker piece for a stang.













I have been making pentograms at home using the willow.





Some of this pentogram is made from 
willow and some is wire.












 All gardening is on hold for the next week as we are off to the sunshine.... Fuerteventura.
I can`t wait. I hope to be able to blog some of our experiences.
Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment