Blog Archive

Sunday 17 December 2017

Snowflake Fairies and Seal Softies

We`ve only been to the garden for veggies, though I did strip some gladioli back, but inside the polytunnel to stay in the warm.
It has been very cold. 
Last Monday we did get some snow but it didn`t last long.
Plenty of opportunity for last minute Christmas 
gift making by the cosy log fire. 
I can now reveal some earlier secrets.
Here are 3 gnomes made from logs.
I made a lot of smaller ones for the Christmas Day table decorations.....if there is room!
Their hats are made from machine knitting samples I was given.  I`ve had them for ages. This was the perfect way to use them.
But you could recycle old jumpers.
 Back in the summer I made a witch`s patchwork cushion for the witch`s lair on the fairy trail. I decided to make some antique looking stockings for my nephew and his partner.
And one for the new puppy, Reggie.
I found this cute free knitting pattern on Pinterest.
It was lovely to see my great-nephew Alfie cuddled up on the sofa on Saturday evening with his fluffy seal softie in one hand and a knitted penguin from his granny in the other. 
They were to hang on the Christmas tree but a little bird tells me they may not be hung at all.
 
I have been doing a lot of amigurami and enjoying it very much.
A seal....
....a Christmas puppy in a striped jumper...
.......a Peppa Pig......
......and a reindeer.
Two felt cats.....for my Aunty Doreen, though she may not have opened her presents yet.
Personalised stockings to hang up.
And finally some Snowflake Angels.



I have really enjoyed my Christmas crafts and I`m not quite finished yet. There is another Peppa Pig on the go.

In an effort to tidy up before our Christmas visitors, I did get a little way-laid with new ideas whilst sorting through my storage boxes of fabric. But I want to enjoy Christmas to the full.
This was my Advent present this morning.
I love them.


And here is our tree.....
......blocking Steve`s view of the TV!!!?



 
 

 
 


 

 

2 comments:

  1. What a lot of pretty things. I like the amigurami - I've had a go at that myself but no success so far!
    Your tree is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I had to practise quite a lot and have only just got used to following patterns. Crochet is quite forgiving, unlike knitting.

    ReplyDelete