Blog Archive

Saturday 27 January 2018

Bunting Bonanza

I am on my annual stash busting quest.
I am one of those people who can`t bear to throw the smallest scrap of fabric away. I actually have four boxes of scraps!!
My first effort was with the mini-patchwork which I have already blogged.
My next project was bunting.
I have had a lot of fun choosing fabrics that match or clash as the case may be.


Here is the first stage .... fronts and linings.
The next stage is pinning the two pieces together.
And finally they are sewn onto ribbon or braid.




After the marathon of cutting out .... thank goodness 
for my trusty Fiskars ....  my stash had been reduced by quite a bit and I was ready for a change.
So it`s on to my felt.
As before I never throw a scrap away.
I saw this lovely idea on Pinterest.
I cut literally hundreds of strips of the same size and strung them on strong thread.
They will make garlands or hangings.










The very tiny pieces have been bagged up for local nurseries.
I shall be spending the rest of the evening making up the next three lots of bunting.
Oh, and the owl pockets were completed today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god Jen! You're non-stop! The felt garlands are lovely and colourful - make a fab background to your blog. And who doesn't love a bit of bunting? Then, as a afterthought, some amazing owls! Brilliant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we.re not in the gardens yet. Very wet here. Planning a holiday soon so don.t want to start any seeds either.

    ReplyDelete