Blog Archive

Tuesday 27 December 2022

Fabric Fun and Eyeballs

Over Christmas we have had quite severe colds and are still not quite over them. So I have spent some time just sitting and using up fabric stash. I did have quite a lot of fabric scraps so one rainy day I set to and sorted out the lot. From it I was able to cut multiple squares and rectangles.

It was an eclectic mix of colours, so I sorted it into brights and pastels. I made three mini-quilts.



The new puppy Gordon got the bright one. He loved it and curled up on it straight away.
 
I also made fabric bowls, .....not quite as precise as I would have wished, but they are stackable.


The nephews have been into drawing eyeballs (don`t ask) so I made them each a crochet eyeball with veins and hanging from the optic nerve!!!
 
And I found this free pattern on Pinterest. I think he is quite cute. He might get a little cosy blanket or a nest.

I`ve completed four traditional knitted teddies in varying colours.
A lovely pattern which I have adapted to suit myself.
 
I have made one foray to sort out the greenhouse. Many of my geranium cuttings have suffered in the intense cold. I had to pick over the lot, removing mildewed leaves and then I covered over with fleece and old net curtains. More cold weather is forecast.


The sweetpeas are doing well. They are a bit of an experiment with home-saved seed which is often a bit more robust.

And finally after removing some dead leaves I discovered the helleborus nestling amongst the foliage .... a sign of things to come.




 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment