Blog Archive

Monday 7 October 2024

The Real Firecracker

At some point in autumn last year I wrongly labelled a whole pile of dahlias. Instead of "Firecracker" I got "My Love" which rather messed up a few of my colour schemes. "Firecracker" is fiery but "My Love" is white.

This is the real "Firecracker." It is a dinnerplate size and quite spectacular.

After a shaky start the dahlias are coming into their own.

For the local coffee morning I was able to make up four bunches as well as a bouquet to congratulate Tim on his cycle ride  .... London to Paris, during which he raised £5000  for Farm Africa.

 

Well done Tim. 

 


Here are some other dahlias.


 

We had a lovely afternoon at the garden. I strimmed all the bed edges and pulled up lots of dead things. I weeded a patch of raised bed and spread our own compost, before covering with old carpet.
In the meantime Steve was busy harvesting in the polytunnel.

The aubergines are getting bigger and the peppers are changing colour at long last.





The green manure is growing well.

Our last job was to hard prune the buddleia by the entrance.

As we arrived home it began to rain. I`m sure there was great relief for Tim and Anne who had just completed putting all the yurts away for another year.




No comments:

Post a Comment