The drought continues but luckily still no hosepipe ban. At the garden there is still plenty of water in the huge black tank. At home we are saving grey water for our own garden.
Quite a few plants are starting to show signs of stress and some have even shriveled and died. I have done a lot of cutting back and clearing.
ForsythiaHelianthus
But the French marigolds are doing well and also crocosmia (or montbrietia)
Note the colours
I spent some time strimming the sparse grass edges and then clearing a path by the tortoise run.
It was bearable enough for Steve to work in the polytunnel where cucumbers are thriving. Not sure it will be the best year for tomatoes though.
The garden is full of butterflies. They are loving the marjoram in full flower and the mint which is also flowering. I have to be patient to get the photos.
This is a Gatekeeper.
Bumblebee on marjoram.
There were lots of other insects around.
Our harvest for the day.
The craft trolley is looking colourful and I am adding to it fairly regularly. I felt sorry for the little boy who was looking for the fluffy grey seal. Unfortunately it had sold. He wanted it for his mum. I did make him another one which he can have if they come again.
The craft trolley is looking colourful and I am adding to it fairly regularly. I felt sorry for the little boy who was looking for the fluffy grey seal. Unfortunately it had sold. He wanted it for his mum. I did make him another one which he can have if they come again.
Interestingly I moved all the fairies to a string across the front, they were previously at the back on a board. Since moving them I have sold seven.
I have five more to go. Nothing I love more than making fairies and fulfilling my childhood dream. And if anyone wonders why I have so much craft stash to draw on, its because of this.
As a child I did not have the tools, the craft components or the skills.
On Gardeners World, our main t.v garden program, the lovely Sue Kent suggested drying flower petals on a heat pad to make confetti. This I have tried. It is a very successful method where the petals keep their colours.
And bio-degradable.
Finally my zinnias for a splash of extra colour.
I think I might love zinnias as much as dahlias!!

















No comments:
Post a Comment