Blog Archive

Monday 12 October 2015

Toadstools and Goldfinches

We have had a very busy week or so. It has included visits with old friends, a 65th birthday celebration, my nephew`s 2nd birthday and more help for one of my other nephews.
It`s busy, busy, busy and we`re loving it.

Today we have spent the day at Freshwinds Garden. My sister and my brother and Frazer joined us for lunch. There were wheelbarrow rides and searches for toadstools.

This one is right by the polytunnel.
Frazer knows not to touch.













These were bright green.





We were astonished to watch flocks of goldfinches landing on the burdock seeds.
What a sight!
Wheeling over our heads was the usual buzzard. The other day we spotted seven circling together.
On the way home we spotted another on its usual perch....a telegraph pole in the lane.

Today it has been much colder...vest on....so working in the polytunnel was quite a good choice.
I had to clear ground and then plant 5 roses. They came from Aldi and were £1.79 each.

Here they are at the back of the lavender bed.

Next we cleared quite a bit in the polytunnel....a few cucumbers, strawberries and one aubergine.
Paula cut back some tomatoes and deadheaded dahlias.
We are still picking cucmbers, tomatoes, chillis and aubergines.

 These are the ones we missed.


















Next I began on the herb garden. I have just cut back the incredible growth and will need to have a better tidy up at a later date.


Steve dug over a part of the raised bed and planted onion sets.


I cut back buddliea, elder and nettles.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It`s a bit easier to reach the rabbits and guinea pigs now.

 Many things still flowering and still looking so colourful.





















A dull and colder day but we did achieve a lot with extra help.

And here is my nephew Frazer, celebrating his 2nd birthday on Sunday.

And finally many thanks to Anne who stood in the queue at Lidl and got
 herself and me a Singer interlocker each. Hooray.
Now I just have to learn how to use it.
Joanne R, HELP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment