Blog Archive

Sunday 25 September 2022

Dog Toys and Green Mice

I can hardly believe the summer is over. The sun is still warm but early morning and late evenings are getting chilly. I heard on the news that we were due for first frosts so I have got on and taken my first geranium cuttings. Steve`s greenhouse has been emptied of tomato plants so we have some room.

Since then no sign of frosts in the forecast. But at least I have the job started.

There is still lots of colour in our own garden, plants hanging on to colour.

Tithonia .... an annual that I have only recently discovered.


The self-seeded sunflower, virtually the only suflower left.


This dahlia is called Sarah Raven.


But I don`t know the name of this one.

Many tiny seedlings are sprouting up all round the garden.

 

I recognise cosmos ....
.....calendula with wretched oxalis....
...... more cosmos .....
..... and yet to be identified, could be hollyhock or could be a weed!!


I grew this coleus from seed.

As the nights draw in, I have begun to prepare.




I have also been trying dog toys at the request of my niece for her new puppy, Gordon. They are made from denim.

On Friday there is a Macmillan Coffee morning in the village. I have been asked to make six floral arrangements for the tables. These tiny mice will be part of the display.


If I can get my head past the fact that summer is over, I can really enjoy September.

And Strictly has started.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment