Blog Archive

Friday 27 January 2023

Winter Fragrance and Wiggly Worms

A lovely sunny but very cold day. Despite sunshine and hard
work, I did not remove any of my four layers or my hat.

The grass through the middle of the garden looks pretty rough. The pond is totally full. 


There is not a single sign of spring, just winter honeysuckle which reminds me of my sister Lee. It is very fragrant ....

 
..... and the euphorbia is just starting.

I roughly cleared the wild flower bed, long over-due. I had to pull up dozens of teasels. I do love them but they were almost taking over the bed. Steve was shovelling manure.


The compost heaps are rotting down nicely and the area behind the polytunnel is keeping clear.

 
The view from the farm was glorious in the sunshine.


The donkeys remained in their shelter with their heads in the sun.

And here are some of my latest crafts.

Tiny patchwork bags .
 
Three little kittens.

And a fistful of valentine wiggly worms.
 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness February is a short month - looking forward to Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but I can hardly believe January has nearly gone.

    ReplyDelete