Blog Archive

Friday 4 September 2015

Elderberries, Beans and Pink Owls

There is a certain pinkness to my blog entry.
Pink owls.

Pink Borlotti beans.










These were truly scrumptious in a home-made tomato sauce last night




And pink stems on the elderberries.
The first lot of wine is bubbling out of its demi-john already.


We sowed green manure to replace nutrients in the onion bed.
(a somewhat boring picture)


I spent the whole morning pruning the raspberries.
I hope the work will be worth it now the new cage is up.
There is good growth on the canes but one row has almost disappeared.


In their place I put the two lovely gooseberry bushes grown on elsewhere.





The apples are looking inviting but the damsons are not ready to harvest.



I`ve cleared some of the wild area and scattered the dried seed over the soil ready for next year.


We made our last visit for a week as we are off to Mallorca for a week
so Anne, you`re in charge.

4 comments:

  1. I like all the Pink! Have a lovely holiday - you'll see some sun; how lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am excited but it is hard to leave the gardens especially with a tree full of damsons not quite ready. We have had a melon this evening. It was delicious.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your holiday in the sun. The garden looks lovely as always. Is Anne the owner or the scarecrow?

    ReplyDelete