Blog Archive

Tuesday 15 September 2015

Holiday Crafts and Heck of a Harvest

I love to take crafts away on holiday. It is my ideal way of relaxing.
I wanted to do quite a bit of knitting as my nephew and great nephew will be wanting
 warm hats soon.




Since these photos were taken, I have lined a couple with a softer t.shirt fabric.

I also made these tiny teddies. Now I can see them close up, I can see that I could have been a little more careful with the faces....they are so tiny.





Crotchet purses in cotton seem to have grabbed me after seeing some on Pinterest.
They have poppers to fasten them.


 








I think I will be popping something inside.




My last makes were some more Scottie dogs.


When we arrived back home, we had a LOT to harvest!!!!
And that`s putting it mildly.
 
Tomatoes.
 
Runner beans.

Damsons.

Pears.

Melons.

Dahlias.

Courgettes.

Custard courgettes.

Apples.

Just a few cucumbers.

Borlotti beans.

 
When we eventually got it all indoors, we had to decide what to do with it all!!!!


Monday was spent freezing, jam making, sauce making and we had soup for lunch of course.



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 




2 comments:

  1. Lovely hats. Can't wait to get my knitting needles out of store...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the hats was too small for little Alfie. His head size had changed so much.

      Delete