Blog Archive

Monday 18 January 2021

Floppy Woody and Zoom

The sun has been shining but the ground is very wet .

We made a visit yesterday and I completed the over-grown  hedge at the far end of the garden with help from Steve. It all went to the bonfire area.

Steve dug out yet another compost heap and we pruned two apple trees.

Oh there are plenty of jobs to be done.

At home the usual January jobs are well under way.

Having found two boxes of silk fabric in our loft, I decided to make some bright bunting for the garden for this summer.




Here are the flags arranged across the carpet.

My other project has been a floppy Woody from Toy Story.
I began with a sketch and cut out the pieces from felt ....

I filled him with plastic beads to make him floppy.
Here he is completed.
I am doing Zoom lessons for my nephew Frazer, every week day.
It is strange for me to be back teaching again but I am enjoying it especially finding things to engage him. I am trying to make it a lot of fun, whilst the lock-down continues.

Snowdrops are just showing and the pink helleborus shines bright amongst the foliage. Spring is just around the corner.






5 comments:

  1. Thank you. I loved doing it. Got Jessie to make next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky Frazer, having you as his teacher. I bet you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually some days are really hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet, but I'm sure he enjoys having you as his teacher.

    ReplyDelete