Blog Archive

Friday 8 January 2021

Icy Ponds

We made our first visit of the year to Freshwinds Garden. It was a cold sunny morning and glorious to be outside.

It was up-lifting.

Even more up-lifting was digging out the middle compost. The soil was lovely, after I'd taken the top layer off. We managed 5 barrowloads in the short time we were there.


They all laugh at me when I get excited about the consistency of our compost.

I think it is because I am totally gobsmacked at the way it works .... every time.

The polytunnel was the place to be .... warm and inviting. I didn't stay long, cleaning gladioli, however. 

The pond was iced over.

Anne has been measuring up for the new tortoise run and we took stock of our next jobs .....
.....an overgrown bit of hedge to cut .....
.....an apple tree to prune.
I am very happy with a newly cleared bit of path.

As we turned our faces to the warm, sun we could hear the sound of India practising her harp from the new yurt.
Lovely.

 

2 comments:

  1. I’m with you regarding compost - it’s such an amazing process!
    Love your multi-coloured gladioli bulbs, do the flowers match the bulb colour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not as far as I know. Sometimes I wonder why I lift the gladdies.

    ReplyDelete