Blog Archive

Sunday 24 January 2021

Wren Pods and Silk Bunting

 We've been waiting for snow all day. It did not come. I feel very disappointed.

But when I woke up this morning the sky was beautiful at 7 a.m.

"Red sky in the morning, Shepherds' warning."

V

Amazing sight.

We did get to the garden on Friday. I cleared an area by the big water tank ..... brambles and nettles. I would love to seed this area with wild flowers but we'll need to rid it of roots.


Before 
After.

I was very pleased when John Cooke offered us this wood from a demolition he was working on, because it is perfect for securing our wire netting.

At home I've been busy making silk bunting .... four lots for the garden this summer and some for presents.


Here is the latest halfway through.
Another idea I am trying is wren roosting pods. They are crocheted in thicker wool. I saw them on 
Winter Watch. The wrens bundle inside to keep warm.

I have another very special project on the go.
More next time.

Oh and Woody has a friend.






No comments:

Post a Comment