Blog Archive

Thursday 30 September 2021

Witches and Wreaths

Well, this time last week, we were swimming in the sea and picnicking on the beach. Today has been blustery and decidedly chilly by quite a few degrees.

We spent most of our visit to the garden in the polytunnel, clearing aubergines and picking yet more tomatoes. Still lots to come.

Think there will be more chutney and sauce making tomorrow.
And just look at that last precious bunch of sweetpeas.

It`s actually getting very difficult to access the polytunnel due to the Michaelmus daisies, which seem to have taken over this corner of the garden. A bit of thinning out needed later on. 


There is still so much wonderful colour around which I am totally inspired by.

And the gnome home has a distinctive autumn feel.

This little gnome garden has been very popular this summer judging by the children I see kneeling beside it and rearranging the tiny people.

At home the autumn colour combinations have crept into my craft. I can`t help myself. 



I created my own autumn wreath using a home-made willow ring, hay from the farm and garden string.

I bound the hay into a ring.
Then I added our own helichrysum and statice, some barley, my own velvet pumpkins and two sunflowers from the boot fayre (50p)

And then there are the witches.


2 comments:

  1. The Michaelmas daisies are beautiful. And with the orange dahlia they really are stunning.
    Love all the crafts, you’re such a clever soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Everything getting battered by wind and rain today though.

    ReplyDelete