Blog Archive

Tuesday 25 January 2022

Glittery Petticoats and Frozen Frogs

Its dull today but by comparison, life is not dull. Plenty of jobs to keep us busy. Lots of crafts on the go and we are decorating our bedroom.

The dashing pirate scarecrow is complete bar some jewellery.


And here is the fairy with a new face, hair and a glittery petticoat.
 
In the garden today we have lifted the old fibrous rooted rhubarb crowns. It hasn`t been done since they were planted. They have a new position on the raised bed with old roots cut away. Steve even managed to find some manure.
 
Very excited to spot this pile in the farm`s yard. We heard later from Anne that it is for the garden. Can`t wait to get dug in to that. Just what I needed.

I spotted these two near the pond, a little sluggish but seemingly ok. Not like the one I had to fish out hanging upside down in the water. Whatever is going on? Far too early.
.


Anne has salvaged this lovely frame. We have plans.
Watch this space.
 

 At home I have been using up scrap wool for pompom tortoises and hedgehogs.
 
And yesterday I had nearly 200 knitted squares delivered to my door. It is the next village project. They are to be made into blankets for refugees.
 
Oh and there is the small question of an 18th century soldier`s uniform for my nephew. (More later)
 

 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Aah yes, the fairy is cute. I feel for those poor froggies though ☹️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found another dead one yesterday. Sad.

    ReplyDelete