Blog Archive

Monday 27 August 2012

Hedgehogs, tomatoes and first video

 Well here is my first video. It has taken some time to download onto blogger. It was taken yesterday as campers were coming through to go on a long walk from Icklesham to Rye harbour. Now I know it works I can be a bit more adventurous next time.

 There`s an interesting story behind this helianthus and I nearly left it until there were more flowers. Last year this perenniel sunflower was blown to smithereens in the wind and had to be supported with all kinds of stakes. This year the growth is much stronger and darker green. The plant has adapted itself to the prevailing winds, has needed no staking which I think is amazing....all in the space of one year.

 I don`t think Cath Kidston expected her beautiful three tiered cake plate to be used to ripen tomatoes. It is so pretty I don`t want to store it away. It was a birthday present from my Jabbitt relations and I love it.

 Well I think my sister Paula looks lovely in her fairy crown, although I think
 it looks more as if she is on holiday in Hawaii.

And finally here are the little hedgehogs completed last night, photographed on the edge 
of my fairy garden at home. They will be on sale in the barn soon, if I can bear to let them go.

2 comments:

  1. No idea what I am doing but trying very hard to get with the technology! The video has come out well. Well done for all the effort you took to get it on the BLOG. Cannot believe that the sweetpeas are STILL going! You must have a blister on your scissor fingers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for making the effort. Not picking many sweetpeas now as they don`t last long in water but they still smell beautiful as you pass by.

      Delete