On Saturday morning Steve dug out our first compost heap and it had gone down very nicely. As you can see there is enough on top of the other compartents to completely fill it, all over again.
He spread it all over the place. This is the old sweetpea bed getting a good layer.
I have had to stack more at the side of the heaps. Just waiting for space.
I picked a huge bunch of dahlias. It looks like they might have been the last, as there was a frost on Friday night. My own garden dahlias are turning black. I had 5 layers on, including a hat
....it was so cold and windy.
Looks like my hastily planted blackcurrant cuttings may have rooted. I might protect them a bit from the winter cold.
I managed to clear the side path by the barn. It took nearly the whole morning but it was a good job done.
We have cleared the wild flower area, hoping the seeds will germinate next year. We removed docks, nettles, brambles and thistles. As the fire was still smouldering we managed to get rid of all those pernicious weeds. I would never compost them.
The lawns need cutting again but it is too wet.