Blog Archive

Monday 10 September 2012

Wonky arches and more nettles

 The sun was shining today when we visited the garden. The first thing we noticed.....that the grass has been cut and looks great. Think it was Anne. After collecting the vegetables and flowers, Steve set to on one load of cob and I carried on with the nettles. That has left me with tingling hands and arms despite 
wearing thick gloves.
I reached the corner. Still some way to go. I am thinking about how we could stop them growing through the rabbit wire next year, as it is a gutty job.

This is the fence that has been cleared so far. Charlie cut some on Saturday as well.

This is what still needs to be done!!!

Here is our wonky arch. Looks a bit Mo...ish. Not sure how we can even it out yet.

I can`t believe that the sweetpeas are still so lovely. Every now and again I deadhead and they just keep going on and on. That`s now 5 months of flowering and vases and vases full, for ourselves, 
family and friends.
What an incredible plant they are. Many people have such strong memories of sweetpeas. I think it must be the evocative perfume. They remind me of my own Mum who always had a row.
My Mum with one of her rows.
 After one picking.

Since my last entry, we have made more chutney. Look out family and friends.....Christmas is on its way!!!
Here is today`s harvest.

And there are more owls coming. This time they are crotcheted.

Going to Glastonbury on Wednesday. I am very excited as we will be visiting some gardens
 there, as well as the Tor.
More next time.





4 comments:

  1. Shane would like a double amount of vegetables in his chutney please! J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still getting so much veg! Beans not gone stringy yet??
    Lovely to see the photos of Auntie Sheelagh!

    ReplyDelete