Blog Archive

Thursday 22 May 2014

One step at a time

We have been on holiday to Tuscany and then we had a long w/end away for a family wedding.
It doesn`t take long for the weeds to take over!!

I actually weeded this area about 10 days ago.
I was determined to keep focussed on one job and managed it despite being drawn in all directions.
At home the bedding plants are desperate to be planted from their 24 cell inserts so I made that my priority.
I took French marigolds, sunflowers and statice to plant but had to clear the space first.
It was forgetmenots (myosotis)
But I got it done in the end.
All covered over, watered and slug pelleted.

I put in a few more sweetpeas in the gaps.

The strawberries were flowering well but I am 
wondering if they are a bit small.





The blackcurrants are looking lush.











Poached egg plants have seeded themselves, osteospurnums looking good, foxgloves beautiful as always and iris in the raised beds.


The alstromeria are recovering well after being trampled and eaten by the sheep.

Tim and Anne have put rabbit wire round the asparagus bed. This will make it easier to pick.

We`ll need the strimmer next time.



Potatoes and pac choi looking good.....though some need weeding.



Steve put in pumpkins and courgettes.

Have been thinking about elderflower champagne!!

All in all a good morning at Freshwinds.
Still plenty to do but one step at a time.



No comments:

Post a Comment