Blog Archive

Monday 23 May 2016

Polytunnel Paradise

What could be better on a showery day, than to spend it in a warm polytunnel, planting everything up  and preparing for future crops.
I`m not quite sure why I have planted so many tomatoes. At the last count it was 23 and I still have at least 36 lovely plants at home. They all needed stringing. Steve had the hard job and has put a wire down the whole length, tying strings as he did it. I attached them to the posts and then tied tomatoes in. I had to remove strong sideshoots from 3 plants already.




Next we used some old floorboards to retain the last bed. 
I put in melons and watermelons.


I labelled all the varieties clearly.
 

The cucumbers have taken away very well.
And I got the aubergines in.


















I had 30 packets of seeds to scatter such as godetia, candytuft and nemesia.....they were all either very cheap or in the sales.
I thought they would make a nice splash of colour in odd corners so some of them went in as well.





Steve got the sprouts in, in between showers.
They look a bit sorry for themselves. It remains to be seen whether they survive the slug on-slaught.




A really long but productive morning followed by a long snooze in our garden room.
















4 comments:

  1. Aaah, the heat inside a polytunnel - it is lovely isn't it? You've got so much growing! It looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Setting up a lot of work for later I think.

      Delete
  2. There must be something with Tomatoes this year as we have planted loads too. Looks like there will be an abundance of tomoato ketchup haha x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We`ve only just run out of our own tomato sauce.

      Delete