Blog Archive

Monday 3 October 2016

As October Begins

Today I have been tackling nettles as tall as myself so my arms are tingling this evening.
The weather has been glorious, so I set to on the hornbeam hedge by the orchard.
We also had a go at trimming the willow arch which has gone a bit wild.
The Michaelmus daisies were buzzing with bees and hoverflies.





The dahlias continue to delight.




































One of our latest projects has been to develop the area around the new trees.
It isn`t quite finished due to some fantastic borage plants which I can`t bear to pull up.











I levelled a huge bump in the grass, created when the compost heaps were there. Now that it`s the new entrance, the poor Workmax lurches over it laden with luggage.




This is a "before" picture.













Many flowers continue to bloom in all their glory.










Aubergines are only just coming in the polytunnel.




This is the next area to develop. we `ll have to get going with it fairly quickly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment