Blog Archive

Wednesday 18 January 2017

Hearts and Fairy Kits

A lot of people who know me, will laugh at my list of new year gardening resolutions.
Here they are.....
1. I will grow less bedding plants.
2. I will cut down on the number of tomato plants that I grow from seed and the number of final plants I keep for my greenhouses.
3. I will thin out my perenniels regularly and not try to save every little bit of root or shoot.
4. I will try to keep seed trays cleaner .

So nothing to worry about Anne. 

Our annual decluttering is going well.
Our books have been honed down and better still, we have found good homes for most of them.
The very last of my school folders have been recycled.
The loft has been cleared of our old clothes with a good store kept back for scarecrows 
The patchwork fabric is well ordered.
My efforts to use the tiniest pieces continues.
Here are some of the results.



I call these the fairy carriers.





 
 









These are little fabric baskets.



Plenty of bunting.

My favourite piece of mini-patchwork.....such gentle colours.
I think this will be to make little sleeping bags for my latest mice.















Tiny little hearts.



 Steve made a toy bed and I made the bedding, inspired by the tiny patchwork. It was a great hit with the toddlers, though they did try to get into the bed themselves.

Finally I completed the fairies which came in a tin as a kit.

It was one of my most thoughtful Christmas presents.
Thank you Chris. 

We did visit the garden today. It was so cold, we collected sprouts and leeks and came home to light the fire.


 

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, yes, some of those resolutions sound like they could be tricky to stick to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know it but we.ve booked holidays at crucial times. Can.t ask others to do too much.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Oh my word Jen, how adorable are those little mice, so cute x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They`ve now got beds made from little cases. Will blog soon. How are you?

      Delete