Blog Archive

Monday 13 November 2017

Gerry, Scooby Doo and Tweed

Christmas is creeping up. The Christmas films are on T.V.
There is Christmas music in the shops.
And I am busy with Christmas makes.
If I don`t start early I shan`t have enough time.

On November 25th there is a craft fair at Pett Village Hall.
It runs from 10 until 3.
I shall be having a table there
and I am looking forward to it.
 I`ve made some items to sell and others are for family presents.
Where I can I will give links to the patterns.

I made some tiny Christmas mice and had a lot of scraps left over so I did some mini-patchwork and created tiny sleeping bags with sleepy mice in.

I left one side slightly open to make it easier to put the mice to bed.
Even smaller scraps were used to make heart hangings.
 
 
Talking of mice, I made this pattern up as I went along.
My great-nephew, Henry enjoys Tom and Gerry, so I tried it out for him before our last visit.
 

 


My nephew, Frazer loves Scooby Doo so I tried him out as well.
Something not quite right round the head but he recognized it anyway. 
 
 
Next it was a cute little snowman.
 
At the moment Advent Calendar gifts are being collected, bought and made around our family.
Here are some patchwork stockings.
 They are made using scraps of velvet and glittery fabric.
It has given them a very rich texture.
Here is a close up of the stitching.

Very haphazard.
I even made one for the dog. It has a doggie gift inside.

On a doggie theme, Scottie dogs to hang on the tree.
Also I am loving this pattern. 
However I did have trouble down-loading it. 

No photos yet but I am trying tweed bunting tonight....the winter alternative to the bright summer coloured bunting.
I have been given a fantastic pile of tweedy fabric and I thought I would give it a go. 
On Pinterest I`ve seen tweed lavender bags, tweed tote bags and even tweed softie toys. Can`t help but think they wouldn`t be too cuddly.
But I`m mulling ideas over....as always.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment