Blog Archive

Monday 21 February 2022

A Flight of Fairies

Many people enjoy the fairies at Freshwinds, whether it is exploring the Fairy Willow tree on the Fairy Trail 

 


or enjoying the fairy cave

And of course the fairy garden.

 

So we are always looking for ways to add to the fairy presence.


After making the bees last year, I had the idea to make some flying fairies which will be in the flowerbeds this summer.

I painted some bamboo canes in a grass green colour. Right from the beginning the fairies were designed with a wire from the body which would push into the cane. 

They took a long time to make. The wool winding alone made sure I only created one per evening. Likewise the dresses and trimmings. They are about 12 inches high.

I have bent them into flying  positions.

And here they are ....

 






Here are some of the details.




I can`t wait to set them around the garden to be discovered by the children.

I have sprayed them with Scotchgard in hopes that they may be just a little more weather-proof.  

Now I need ideas for naming them.






2 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Lovely little faces and shoes. Whoever is wearing the shoes in the bottom should be called Myosotis (after forget me not) or perhaps Maya sounds nicer 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the name ideas. Just about to start the goblins.

    ReplyDelete