Blog Archive

Wednesday 8 November 2023

Snow Babies and Furbies

Oh it`s been one of those days.

Persistent rain. A bit chilly.

But I did go out for tea and cakes with Anne and Hollie at Tictoc which was very pleasant.

For the afternoon I lit a cosy fire earlier than usual and settled down right in front to sort through the next boxes of my extensive wool stock. 



Coming up soon are some Christmas craft fairs so I am working towards those. One is mostly geared to children at my nephews' school so lots of smaller child-friendly things.

Christmas worry worms and Furbie type creatures. The latter trying to use up some coloured fur. I don't seem to use as much as I used to.



The usual beaded fairies in red, gold and silver.




Some time ago a friend gave me some Christmas patches so I decided to use them for little button purses.
It has taken me quite a few seasons to decide how to use them.


Having been sorting through my boxes and boxes of wool, I was inspired to make these tiny elves. The first set are snow babies holding an ice crystal each.


The next ones are green but I loved doing ones with multi-coloured wool the most.

And of course it gave me a chance to use the tiniest buttons that I recently purchased on line.

Sprouts went down well last year. So here are a few more.


Next year one of my nephews will be going on a residential trip so this teddy with his Christmas patchwork blanket has been made to raise funds.


I love all the Christmas crafting but there's not much room on the sofa.




 


1 comment:

  1. Such a busy bee! This cooler, wet weather makes me much lazier rather than encouraging creativity!

    ReplyDelete