Blog Archive

Thursday 22 February 2024

And Sow it Begins

 Some people will think we are mad sowing seeds when the weather is so foul, but we did. We just wanted to get started.

Over breakfast we both sorted through our seeds to see what should go in. Steve chose parsnip which he put straight into the ground and broad beans which went into newspaper pots. Last year we lost them all when they went in the ground. Mice \I suppose. I chose these ...


..... the propagator was ready.



It was a very good feeling to get my hands in soil. This year I am using John Innes seed mixed with multi-purpose compost. When I prick things out, there is going to be a significant amount of ordinary garden soil for the microbe content.

 

Just a few more packets to go.

It is an exciting start to the planting year.


2 comments: