It was a perfect day to start clearing the polytunnel.
Between us we filled the bins many times over. We removed nicotiania with 30 c.m roots, still flowering and looking like triffids. We got out tomatoes, aubergines and peppers. We took down the net curtain protection which has been there all summer.
The net curtains and bunting were pegged up to dry off before we pack it away.
In my opinion the non-fade rainbow fabric has definitely lost some colour so I`m not impressed. Quite a lot of bunting has been discarded.
The polytunnel is not finished.
In the end I had to cut the almost-over helianthus which was blocking our way to the compost heaps so I cut it down. It was so tough we decided it would go on the dead hedge.
I was astonished to discover a fig but there is no way I will be eating it. The last ones we tried made us ill.
And the potted horse-chestnut is changing colour. This little tree is waiting for a permanent home on the farm.
Talking of horse-chestnuts, my brother James and my nephews went conkering and gave me some to plant up.
This basketful makes me very happy.
Yesterday Sam was doing some turfing and had a few rolls left over. He very kindly brought them to the garden. Steve has rolled them out and given them a dousing.











No comments:
Post a Comment