Blog Archive

Saturday 23 June 2012

Nettles and wild flowers


It was quite windy today so we needed to do a lot of tying in.....sweetpeas and sunflowers. The cabbages had been attacked by pigeons so Steve had to cover them over. Hollie the scarecrow has sunk even further. Think her post is being undermined! We picked a huge cauliflower and our first broad beans. (We had cauliflower cheese for our dinner.) We also picked a basket full of strawberries. I noticed small caches of green berries, bitten from the plants ....I think it is mice.
The wild flower areas are very pretty and attracting a lot of insects. 
I made a start on the nettles and only got stung twice. I`ve put them on the compost heap. There are no roots attached. Still quite a lot to do. Quite a few campers around this weekend so good conversation and lots of interest in the garden. I planted 2 peppers in a Growbag in the greenhouse.

1 comment:

  1. How lovely the site looks - the website and the garden!! I wonder if the scarecrow is still there as I type :-)

    ReplyDelete