Blog Archive

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Strawberries, mice and butterfly garden

Here is just one stash of damaged strawberries on our patch. It is mice... I can smell them.
All have to be removed or they will rot and cause the good ones to be lost to mildew.
I don`t mind them having a few but this is a bit much!

Here are the ones they didn`t get. They are destined to become little pots of jam for wedding favours. My nephew will be getting married in July.

Part of the butterfly garden showing candytuft and catmint. Not many butterflies around just yet though.

Here is a general view of the garden looking towards the farm buildings. It shows quite a few areas covered to protect crops from rabbits. You can just about see Hollie the scarecrow, who moved to the dahlia bed today. She`d had enough of the moles round her feet amongst the perenniels.

Today I planted four wigwams of runner beans. I also found homes for four odd tomato plants, outdoors.
I cut the grass edges and tied in the tomato plants. 
Anne was busy painting the shepherd`s hut. It was a really lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment