Blog Archive

Friday 15 August 2014

Dead Scarecrows and New Hats

On arrival at Freshwinds Garden the other day, after quite severe wind and rain 
we found this sight awaiting us. It was a bit of a shock.
Hollie the scarecrow will be needing a complete over-haul.

The plum tree  branches had snapped off so I had to pick all the fruit on those limbs.
It`s been a pretty good crop.

Bit concerned about the "wounds." And the split in the bark.

























The growth in the polytunnel is phenomenal.
The other day we had 17 cucumbers in the house!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Lots of jam-making going on as well as tomato sauce and bags of tomatoes to freeze.


This is our complete harvest of damsons. I think we are lucky considering that the tree suffered from a debilitating disease earlier in the season.
 
More harvesting
 


















The sedum on the cob roof has really taken away.



I have been making cushion covers for the sofa cushions in the little house. I made this hat from the left-overs. Looking good Anne!!











4 comments:

  1. super hat! Meena gave me a lovely sunhat her grandfather in Thailand made - hasn't been enough sun to wear it yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trouble is, now I can`t stop making them. Just finished my11th. Ha ha. Particularly like the ones in vintage fabrics....ie. old curtains!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love my new hat think you very much Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It`s a pleasure. One for sale in the Wool Barn now.

      Delete