Blog Archive

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Christmasy Crafts

I have had a heavy cold and today is the first day for some time that I`ve had the wherewithal to get on with a few of my Christmas ideas.
I started the day with my mini Christmas cakes. Just debating whether to marzipan and ice them. Nobody really likes all that sugar.  We`ve tried them with a cuppa and they taste fine as they are.



















After that I made the truffle mixture. That`s cooling in the fridge to be rolled in vermicelli later.

It was pumpkin soup for lunch by the fire which we lit earlier than usual.

Here are a few of my latest crafts.









At Camber a few weeks back, we picked up dozens of shells. They were bi-valves.
I found an idea for lights on Pinterest. It was a bit fiddly and involved 2 types of glue and some patience but I think it was worth it. 



In the end I mismatched the shells to leave a little gap allowing some light to come through.
The tiny set of red lights are battery operated.

My great-niece Macie wants a unicorn for Christmas. Don`t think I can quite fulfill this wish but I have tried.


They have corkscrew shells for horns.
I was pleased with the results.

It`s beginning to look a bit Christmasy round here.



No comments:

Post a Comment