Blog Archive

Monday 23 November 2015

First Frost and Craft Fair

I thought the craft fair was on 28th. but thank goodness Paula saw it on a poster and rang me to say it was 21st. Luckily I had one evening to price up all my crafts.
Saturday morning arrived with cold, wet and even snowy weather.
I was set up only just in time.





I did quite well so was rather pleased.





There have been two frosts. They are the first of the season.
There`s a definite feel of winter in the air.

On visiting the garden, I couldn`t believe how hard that frost must have been.
In the polytunnel tomatoes, nasturtiums, dahlias and French marigolds had all turned black.



I pulled it all up.



The plastic needs a good cleaning with a soft bush and warm water.

I cut back and pulled up all the helichrysum.
Surprisingly they were still flowering.


They will need a very thorough drying in front of the fire.

I also cleared the dahlia tops and the last of the cosmos and Michaelmus daisies




There is still lots of tidying  up to do and the compost heaps are full.


The sun was trying to shine.


I picked sprouts, leeks, brocolli and radish.


At home I have been recycling sweaters to make little mice.


I also found this sweet little fluffy mouse to knit.
uk.pinterest.com/pin/502151427172055172/



Still lots to do and Christmas is creeping up, with our first family celebrations this weekend
...... Advent Calendar day.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely crafts and you're still busy in the garden! I can't bear to go out because its so windy and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I had two hours in our own garden yesterday as well in sunshine, planting odd perenniels, half-price bulbs from B and Q (who are trying to make more space for Xmas decorations) But I`m in by the fire today as its blowing a gale and very unpleasant out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the things on your stall - all those knitted little animals tumbling out of the basket!
    Like Carolyn, I am reluctant to go out in the garden........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Have just got another pattern down-loaded form internet. Little woodland animals. Very sweet.
      I was out again today but maybe should have stayed in as I`ve got a heavy cold. Will blog more of my latest crafts later.

      Delete