Blog Archive

Friday 24 June 2016

Cob Nest and Caterpillar Hedge

I was mightily relieved, on visiting Freshwinds after our holiday, to find everything looking good and no great disasters. There had been torrential rain and storms and in own garden, everything had grown about a foot.

 
 
 Sweetpeas and 
sunflowers.














The polytunnel is filling up.

 








Pomodoro tomatoes, 
watermelons saved from Aldi fruit,
cucumbers and newly planted parsley.

















 
The sweetcorn.
 










Tim had brought us some manure and the asparagus bed was weeded in the rain.











New seedlings doing well

























 
The wedding dahlias.



I replenished the tiny nursery. Maybe you will find a few gems if you look.





A bird has built its nest under the eaves of the cob shed. I think that`s rather special.
It might be a wren. It flew out as I took the photo but too fast for me to identify.


And I clipped the hornbeam hedge into a hungry caterpillar which will perhaps, be more easily seen when it fills out even more.






4 comments:

  1. I definitely have polytunnel envy. It looks amazing. Everything is growing very slowly here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking very productive. I wonder what the nest is...

    ReplyDelete