Blog Archive

Tuesday 7 June 2016

Freshwinds in June

A very sultry afternoon, with thunder, threatening rain later.....

......and we could do with a good soaking for all the new planting.

The candytuft has seeded itself in candyfloss colours.

The giant sunflowers are really filling out. I`m glad I chose a new position for them.

A self-seeded foxglove.

I am finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that we have had to buy plants ...... sweetcorn....as we have not managed to germinate any for ourselves. 
I wonder if I am losing my green fingers or is there something wrong with the seed or the soil. 
The possibilities are endless. We`ve never had problems before. 
Worrying.

At least the sweetpeas are starting to climb. I`ve tied them in.

Steve trimmed the willow arch as it is blocking the path to the compost heaps.

The daisies make their usual impact.

I`d like this picture made into a canvas.

The angelica is about 6 feet tall now and the bees are loving it.
Lots of butterflies around today.

Lovely elderflower blossom.

Poor old Tom needs a remake and even some new hands.

The herb garden looks significantly lusher since Steve put up the rabbit wire.

  




















Tomorrow the Fairy Trail begins.


2 comments:

  1. I think you still have green fingers! The garden looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Such a lovely time of the year.

      Delete