Blog Archive

Sunday 21 August 2016

Fairy Story 2

Today we have had our second Fairy Day and it was lovely.
The weather held, though it was a bit breezier than last time and 
everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.
I certainly did.

This time we had a face painter called Claire.....a very nice young lady.
I had my face done. I would have posted a picture but too many wrinkles up close!!!






















Tracey from the Little Vintage Tea Box showed me how to fold and tie the forties style headscarf and I liked the look. Still wearing it.

 
 The Little Vintage Tea Box has been busy this summer.
Last weekend Tracey did Abigail and George`s wedding....what a perfect addition to the celebrations.
But you have to get in with the bookings....
see contact below.
Lovely teas and cakes as always.


This time, I did one stint as the story teller, taking groups round the trail. Anne did the rest. I really enjoyed it.....creeping past the sleeping troll under the bridge and visiting Fairy Hollow.
Lots of very well-behaved children, thoroughly enthralled by the magic.
Anne brought us tea on a tray to keep us going, all the way from the garden.
I walked back up the trail with two friends who want to bring their grandchildren. All busy today.
They loved it all and can`t wait for the next one.

In the garden some children wrote messages and drew pictures for the fairies.
They were left in the treasure chest.


Inside the tiny yurt were seats and fairy books and fairy dressing up clothes.





And some children enjoyed making fairy gardens.




It was lovely to see children running through the garden in fancy dress, waving magic wands and searching for stone ladybirds and bees.

Further along Paula was there to help them make fairy crowns....there were some magical creations.
And brilliant to see dads and uncles getting stuck in with the glitter and sequins.




And to the grandma accompanying her grandaughter....
....I hope she says yes to something soon.
I thought you were wonderfully patient.

1 comment: