Blog Archive

Saturday 5 August 2017

Garden in Waiting

Today we did the final preparations for our open day tomorrow.
The weather was delightful...no wind...warmth....sunshine.
The garden was tranquil and full of butterflies and insects.

There were many campers around enjoying the garden, the fairy yurt, the rabbits and tortoises and the sunshine.
One of the joys of working in this garden is the lovely people who come through, chatting about all sorts, gardens to be planned, seeds to be saved and planted, hopes and dreams, fairy talk and the nicest thing of all, lovely compliments about the garden itself.
This makes it all so worthwhile.
Today I heard the best so far....that this garden had a certain feel about it.....it was loved.
Well yes it certainly is, and not just by us.

Here it is ready and waiting for all the visitors that we hope will come tomorrow.















 I had to clear the fairy garden a bit whilst having a delightful conversation with a little girl who wondered if the fairies were at home.
A sunflower has seeded itself by the little house, dwarfing everything else.
I was very touched when Anne gave me two presents from someone who was camping recently. I think her name is Belinda.
The two items are in the fairy garden so I hope she reads the blog and gets my thanks. What a lovely thought. I was delighted.
A little wooden sign and a stone sign, perfectly matching their surroundings.

I had a tidy up in the cob shed where there are quite a few fairy outfits still hanging, much to the joy of two fairy-mad girls.

So bring on the visitors. 
Freshwinds Garden is waiting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment