Blog Archive

Thursday 10 August 2017

Tiny Mice, Owls and Sock Ponies

It is a long time since I have written a crafting blog entry,
so here goes.
The things I make at the moment are on a whim.
I see ideas I like on Pinterest or I am inspired by materials when tidying up my crafting stash.

Some time ago I was given a lot of fluffy wool...not quite a fashion statement at the moment.....but the colours were beautiful.
At first I tried owls in multi-coloured layers but ended up making little fluffy fairy purses. They are lined and have posh poppers.
The fluffy wool also inspired me to try some different fairies.
The limbs are made by tightly wrapping pipe cleaners in wool.
She is also holding a crystal.

I was given some more lovely wool which gradually changed colour.
I used it to crochet little teddies as it was teddy bear colours.
I entered one in the flower show. It came 3rd.
The little lidded boxes are £1 for two in The Works.
 
I couldn`t resist the wool for these little owls. Again it.
 is multi-coloured.
 The colour combination is lovely.
 
I`ve made lots more tiny mice as they are so popular.
I`ve got another 10 on the go, made from recycled pink corduroy.

More sock ponies and donkeys.
I am thinking of trying a sock alpaca next.







I have been experimenting with crochet alpacas.
The orange one worked but a few changes are needed for my pattern, which I made up as I went along.
 
















My great-nephew loves tortoises/turtles so I am always experimenting.
I am quite pleased with these.
I trimmed the wool quite tightly and flattened one side.
 
And finally crochet toadstools with a bit of glitter.
 
In September I will be having a table at the Macmillan Coffee morning at the village hall. 
Hopefully I`ll have a few new crafts for sale by then.
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh! I love the mushrooms! I can't imagine why your teddies only got 3rd place - they're amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That`s very kind. I`m afraid I didn`t see what came first or second due to most of it having been removed before we got there.

    ReplyDelete