Blog Archive

Sunday 8 October 2017

T.Shirt October

The weather has been lovely and looks set to continue.
The autumn garden is full of bees and butterflies and utterly delightful.
We are gradually labeling all the Michaelmus daisies. I shall be thinning them out, as soon as they have finished flowering.
I have done some fairy gardening.....all the special items have gone into storage in the cob shed. The tiny shrubs have been trimmed and the fairies are in hibernation.
I have tied in all the new growth on the willow, trying to loop it at the same time.
We have been thinking what this area looked like this time last year.
 
Steve added more home-saved sedum cuttings to the cob shed roof.
We want the plants to overhang the black plastic.
It seems to be working.
I have started the flowerbeds. I`ve been trying to thin out the marjoram, beloved by insects, but taking over.
I planted it up with myosotis and daffodil bulbs.
I couldn`t bear to cut the M.daisy back just yet.
 The rabbit wire is a nuisance when I am clearing.
Unfortunately I found a rabbit hole on the inside!!
Some posts will need replacing soon. 
Steve has been clearing vegetable beds.
Another job to be tackled soon, is to train the raspberries. It`s a bit of a jungle in there.
Thinking that I might trim back more blackcurrant growth.
My rule has always been take out three of the oldest branches every year, but Monty Don had suggested taking out more.
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
There is still plenty to harvest.
And the colours are wonderful.
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. It looks much tidier and loved than our plots at the moment!
    And I'm guessing it's Scooby-Doo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes its supposed to be. I adapted a puppy pattern and don.t think I quite captured the Scooby look. But Frazer seemed quite happy.

    ReplyDelete