Blog Archive

Monday 2 October 2017

Autumn Almanac

Having been a teacher for 40 years, we are usually to be found on a Greek island as the new term gets under way.
This year was no exception....we have been to Keffalonia.
It was a totally lazy holiday apart from our two daily swims in the sea and our ever increasing pool lengths.
Lots of crafts to enjoy and insects to marvel over.
Plus the sunshine of course.

And we came back to mild weather which was a bonus.
We even spent the day on the beach collecting seaglass to add to our horde.
 
















A couple stopped to chat.
They asked me if I`d found any diamonds.
I said "No, but plenty of mermaid,s jewels."

We have been on a couple of autumny walks. The number of acorns under each oak tree is amazing.
I can`t help but pick up the biggest ones.
I will probably plant some.
The fungi are always fascinating.




 In our own garden the colours are intense.
Lots of clearing and planting going on.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment