Blog Archive

Thursday 15 February 2018

Poppies and Owls

Evenings are getting lighter, clumps of daffodils and snowdrops are dotted around the village but the weather is as cold as ever.
We tried to have a picnic at Camber yesterday, but in light of the wind whipping up the sand into mini-dunes around the cafe door, we thought better of it and came home to the warm. 
Today has been sunny and we did go to the beach with a flask of tea and a bun.

Valentine`s day has come and gone.
I loved my rainbow pyramid from Steve.
One of the local garden centres had a stunning primrose display.
I seem to have been on an owl fest lately.
It began when I started to use up scraps of fur fabric from the loft.

Then I was keen to try a knitted owl.
In the end I preferred crochet as it`s quicker.
I have even been preparing owl keyrings as one of 
my holiday craft packs.
More bunting.
 This is a beautiful piece of embroidered furnishing fabric.
I was never sure what to do with it but I`m very pleased with the resulting bunting.
This one is made from deckchair canvas.
Some old furnishing swatches which I`ve turned into 
lined fabric bags.
Other canvas type fabric has been turned into pouches with poppers. They could be used for glasses or phones.
The scrap felt hangings have had pompoms added.
And finally, I have been trying out crochet poppies for the village project, to commemorate the centenary of the end of WW1.
(More later in the year.)
My sister has been knitting hers.
She`s done a lot more than me.
She ran out of black buttons for the centres so I`ve sprayed brown ones black for her.
I have plenty of brown buttons.
I will add a picture soon. 




2 comments:

  1. Another amazing creative post! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Belinda. Beautiful day here today. Have been weeding at the plot and will be in our own garden for p.m.

    ReplyDelete