Blog Archive

Wednesday 28 March 2018

Easter News

Here comes Easter.
Wish we could get some spring-like weather though.
We are still having cosy fires in the lighter evenings.

The latest tale from the greenhouse is this ....
In the week I checked on the seedlings and found a lot had been dug up and nibbled. 
I was a bit upset to say the least.
 I have had to cover all the trays with fleece, well tucked in, or cover pots with old icecream tubs. I also doused cotton wool balls with peppermint essential oil. They are supposed to hate it.
Well, it doesn`t work.

  Imagine my horror when I went to check today, only to find the mouse sitting in the propagator, all but laughing its head off at me.
I might be buying some mousetraps.
At least the stunning camellias cheered me up.

And the daffodils...


And many other plants around the garden.

Indoors I have had fun with Easter makes.


I have been using up my organza scraps to make fairy bunting.












I`ve tried some 1970 style paper poppies.
Back in the day we made these huge poppies and sold them for half a crown each.
 Here is an idea for a toy for little ones which will cause a lot of laughs. I happened to have a basket full of pompoms waiting to be made into something else.
My little nephew Fletcher, loves them. He throws them, collects them, feels the texture and generally has a fun time with them.
He particularly loves it when you tip the whole lot over his head.
With that in mind, I have custom-built one for my great-nephew Henry.
Rainbow coloured wool, flowery buckets.
I can`t wait  to play with him.


A surprisingly simple idea.
 
A very happy Easter to all my readers.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment