Blog Archive

Saturday 6 June 2020

June is Busting out all Over

The roses are beginning to look so lovely. Most of them are half-price bargains which makes me smile. They are certainly thriving in Freshwinds Garden.




But I have noticed today that the flower beds and raised beds are suffering from lack of water.
Let`s hope there is substantial rain soon.

For the past two visits my main job has been one which has been put off for a couple of years ..... digging up and splitting the iris sibiricus.
Steve had to help with the digging out. The ground is already so hard.
Then it is a matter of hacking the old growth away from the new.
The first clump I teased apart gave me 160 pieces.
They were long over-due so it was a good job done.
Seems I disturbed quite a few snails as well.



The daisies have centre stage at the moment.
But you can see the grass is very dry.
These are the dahlias that caught the frost, making up for it with incredible growth.
And here is a poppy that has seeded itself.
Inside the polytunnel everything is making tremendous progress.





















We are continuously pulling out morning glories which have seeded themselves everywhere. There is a limit to how many I can pot up.



And the very first sweetpeas are out .... self-seeded as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment