Blog Archive

Thursday 11 June 2020

Splitting Iris and First Crops

The weather has been cooler and after rain, weeding and planting are so much easier. My main job has been splitting another clump of iris sibirica.
This is a hard job.
I managed to get some pieces back in.

We are still waiting for the new pond lining but I have been remembering when we first made the pond in 2011.

It has lasted well. I just hope the wildlife returns quickly to the new one.

Anne found these wasp nests. I think they are exquisite.
But I was sorry to see one of the nests from the cobshed eaves has fallen.

It is beautifully made.

Now I know why we left the self-seeded foxgloves.
Mingling with the bee borage.




And our first crops are coming in.
Kohlrabi
Tiny turnips
Cucumbers

And here are a few things looking good at the moment.




Lychnis, roses, the water trough filling up nicely and alstromeria flowering once again after having been moved a couple of years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment