Blog Archive

Wednesday 1 July 2020

Woodland Fairies and Ladybirds



 
Well here I am on my new Apple computer at long last. I am prepared for a few mishaps along the way with this blog entry

Anne asked me to make some new woodland fairies for the willow tree. I experimented.
The floor and sofa were covered in all sorts of crafting materials, wire, pipe cleaners, old stockings, multi-coloured punk hair, flowers, leaves, green wool. 
Sometimes I wish I had a work table but I would not want it in the living room.


(As I sit here with this new computer I am thinking about a work table that swings out of the way and maybe in two planes.)

I had some very pretty light floaty fabric. I always knew there would be some time to use it and this was it.



I made 15 altogether .... some for our own garden.

 


Also for the willow tree area, some light floaty bunting, from left over snippets of gauzy fabrics from other projects, weighted with a beach pebble with a hole.


There are some new stone ladybirds and even wooden ones for the new fence.

The weather has been atrocious especially the wind which makes me particularly cross. Today it has rained all day. I had to pick the raspberries at 7 a.m to miss the rain but I got wet anyway.
We had to run around tying in as many things as we could. Talk about chasing our tails. The dahlias at home are blighted by
blackfly. None at Freshwinds yet. I've tried washing up liquid, rubbing them off and hosing. But I have to keep on top of it.

Sometimes the gardens run away with us. Lots needs cutting back now and clearing.
But the pond is planted up and frogs and newts safely back home.

And the newest yurt is up and looking lovely.
What a spot.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment