Blog Archive

Wednesday 29 July 2020

Wet Weeding and Cucumber Facepacks

There is nothing better than weeding after the rain. It is a pleasure. As I am weeding I am constantly finding self-seeded plants which I dig up and pot on. Amongst my sweetpeas I found three beautiful lambs ears plants. I have also been searching for forgetmenot plantlets. My packet of seeds failed. There is a lesson to be learned here.
Here is the leek bed after it has been tidied up. Love in a mist seeds collected and scattered, plantlets saved.

And everything looks wonderful after the rain.
Children have been making their own arrangements of fairy things.
The new grass continues to grow in ideal conditions that don't involve watering.


And the waterliles are flowering despite their sojourn in the water trough.

The dahlias are beginning to look beautiful.
The donkeys were indoors due to the wet. Their coats are not waterproof.
They were looking for apples from me. I must remember to take some treats.

Lots of visitors. Some are lucky enough to get vegetables from us. There are plenty of courgettes and cucumbers though I did have to dispose of about three plants due to mosaic virus.
I have had several  facepacks made with processed cucumber and aloe vera gel added. 
My face is as soft as a baby's bottom!!!





2 comments:

  1. Haha, that final comment!!
    The rain cheers everything up at this time of year! Pond is looking great

    ReplyDelete