Blog Archive

Tuesday 15 June 2021

Bouncing Bees

It has been hot. Parts of the day have been too hot to do much in the garden. I still have a few things to plant up. Some of my plug plants only arrived a week ago. Petunias, calibrachoa, geraniums.

The oriental poppies are really good this year.

All of these plants were taken as cuttings from our own garden.

Next year there will be some other colours.

I was given a lot of fluffy wool and I have made some bees. They are designed to go outdoors and they have recycled wings made of plastic wrapping.



I was very pleased when they were nodding in the gentle breeze.

Today we took them to the garden and you can see them in the butterfly bed (maybe I should make butterflies next)

 

I had a lovely surprise the other day. Someone was relaxing in a newly cleared area by the cob shed.


He is having a rest from the reception area which has now been taken over by a new very glamorous fairy.


 

Inside one of the crochet pods, made specially for birds, a wasp has built its nest, at least I think that`s what it is.



And underneath a poppy has seeded itself.

In my next blog entry I will give more details about how I made the bouncing bees.

2 comments:

  1. The bees are great! Aah, I’m missing the blue sky ours is mostly grey and white this weekend so far

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about your allotment but our plants are growing by inches overnight. Its phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete