Blog Archive

Thursday 10 June 2021

Sprouting Willow Stakes

Oh it has been so hot and we just love it but the polytunnel is pretty unbearable. Yesterday we were there very early as we wanted a swim and lunch at the beach.

(The sea was freezing)

In the heat there are many different insects around, butterflies and especially bees, even a damsel fly over the pond. None of them captured on film however.

The poppies are coming into their own and I am particularly happy with the orientals which were only planted last year and are now covered in buds.


The annual ones are doing their own thing as per usual.

I sometimes think that if ever the garden were to be abandoned, poppies would take over. They come back year after year and in such a range of colours.
 

I also sometimes wonder who chooses the colour scheme round here .... it`s not me! It is totally random.

At times it works and other times it does not.

But who worries, everyone loves it.


My chrysanth cuttings have at last "taken away"

Last year I had plugs from Fothergills. They were so good, I took cuttings. One has flowers already.

I brought a tray of odd plants from home and found places for all of them. They will either sink or swim.

I replenished the tiny nursery after planting things around the garden that did not sell.

Our view from the seat is constantly changing. Now its foxgloves, backed by the silk bunting.


They seed all over the garden in all kinds of colours and in all sorts of strange places.
I`m glad I left this one by the polytunnel door.

And I also left this corncockle by our seat.


And finally .... so much for my ideas of stopping the willow stakes from sprouting. They did ..... despite peeling the bark for about 6 inches. Maybe the ends need immersing in boiling water next time.




2 comments:

  1. You’ve moved onto reds already! We’re still mostly greens and yellows. This weekend might bring on our poppies though - they are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it seems so. Funny how we move through the rainbow colours as the year progresses.

    ReplyDelete